Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'll Be Back

I will continue updating after Wednesday. Sorry about the hiatus. Here's a fast update about the craziness that has been going on lately:

-I took three AP tests. I had four. I missed the AP Calc BC tests because, wait for it- I thought it was in the afternoon. I was 100% sure. Pretty pathetic, I know. And embarassing. And annoying- having everyone in my class ask me what happened. Apparently people thought I either had a freak accident or overslept. Nope, I was just an idiot! But the good news: I wrote the College Board a letter and my high school college counselor talked to them, and they're letting me make up the test on Wednesday morning. Three days from now. So that's good.

-I had decided on Berkeley, right? Well... I got an email last week, on Wednesday, from none other than Vassar College. It was a bit bizarre. It was from the representative of my area or something, and she informed me that she had my file in her office as a person she wants the admissions committee to consider taking off the waiting list. She said a "few" people would be taken off in the next couple days. Basically, she wanted me to tell her how badly I wanted to go. I said I wanted to go really badly. But in the back of my mind, I had gotten used to the idea of UC Berkeley. Again, choosing between polar opposite schools! But I was just like, I'm probably not going to get in off the wait list and I don't want to regret missing an opportunity to get into Vassar. So basically I wrote back that it was my top choice yadda yadda, but hoping I wouldn't get taken off so that I won't have to make a difficult decision like that. Well, lo and behold, I checked my email the very next day and what was there but another email from Vassar, congratulating me on being accepted to the class of 2012. WTF. I was in shock. But also more than a little horrified that I would have to make this decision. And worst of all, they only gave me one day to choose. Actually less than a day because I came back from swim city finals late, and I had to decide before 5 pm the next day. Which probably meant 2 pm for me, because of eastern time.

I was so confused. I didn't know what to do. I worried about the money- $50,000 for Vassar, $25,000 for Berkeley. Quite a big fucking difference! But my parents told me that's how much they paid for my siblings' education, and I deserve the same. Well, I wrote back saying that I accept the offer. The thing is, I still haven't retracted my Berkeley spot. Ha. Trying to elongate my decision-making time, you see. I've been reading a lot of good and bad stuff about each school in the last couple days... but I have a feeling I'm going to choose Vassar. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, what is there to lose. Plus they're almost too good for me since I was only acepted from the wait list, which make it all the more appealing. We'll see though.

So yeah, pretty crazy. More from me after Wednesday then... see yalls then.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Looking for the Best Dating Site? Create an account and find your perfect date.