Thursday, June 19, 2008

Graduation Time

Yup, I'm graduating from high school tonight. In about 4 hours, I will be walking down the football field, with my burgundy cap and gown, to the sounds of that universal graduation music. Dunno what it's called... But basically high school is over. Today was the last time I had to wake up early and drive to school. The last time I woke up my mom and took the food in the lunch bag that she makes (made) every day. The last time I thought I was late every single day (actually that might still happen in college...). The last time I go to school from my own house :(. Oh man... it really didn't hit me this morning when we were doing graduation rehearsals. Probably because the sun was SO FUCKING HOT holy crap we were all going to get heat strokes... or as my friend said yesterday at the beach, "The sun is so hard right now." And then my other friend sort of ruined the brilliance of that statement by saying "That's what she said." But we laughed anyway. We're a bit mentally challenged. But now it's all definitely starting to hit me. I mean, I'm not a high schooler anymore. I might not even be a teenager anymore. I don't know what the fuck I am! I always get sad when I get older and this is no different. I feel like every time like this, every year that passes by, is another push towards the evil fiery pit that is the real world. And I don't think I'll ever be ready for that. I'm just used to being young... I'm not used to actually being accountable for things and responsible! Oh wait, I actually sort of am... but not really. I don't know. This is so weird. And I need to treasure this moment because it's really the end of an era. 1st grade to 12th grade... that was always a sort of timeline in my mind... and now it's just over.

But enough of this freaking out. I will miss so many people in my high school and my class a lot. I'm probably going to cry a lot tonight, oh my. Okay, yeah, plenty of time for that later. Now is my relaxing in-between time, which so far I have been using up by just perusing the internets... because my dad is watching The Wire on DVD and my mom, well God knows what she's doing... and I don't feel like reading. So yeah.

Here's something that I found of interest in case you also have nothing to do:

Michelle Obama on the View. I think I love her! This is a real woman right here, no frills and such about it.

Part 1:



Part 2:



Part 3:



Part 4:



Now compare that to this video of Cindy McCain on Good Morning America, which I got off of Wonkette. I really tried to like her because I hate when people say evil things about these women all the time... but I can see where they're coming from. She is a bit odd, cold, and well I don't know. I just don't like her very much. She seems like one of those women that think the woman's place is in the kitchen... inferior to the husband. Michelle, on the other hand... you can tell she is strong.

No comments: