Wednesday, March 19, 2008

College Admissions... Let the Madness Begin

So the college acceptance/rejection letters are coming in...

So far:

yesterday:
Lewis & Clark: accepted! (but, to be fair, 'twas my safety)
Washington University in St. Louis: waitlisted :/

today:
UCSB: accepted! (but I already knew that because of ELC, this CA HS program)
Macalester: accepted! :D

So far, pretty much so good. I was really worried about Macalester. Now I feel a bit more confident... ah we'll see. I'm also a little sad, if that makes any sense at all. I thought I might not get in anywhere except UC's and L&C (Oregon), and then I would stay sort of near my family. But now it sort of/maybe/depends-on-what-comes-next, looks like I might not stay in the area. Who knows. Minnesota is pretty far, and cold. I'm still excited though. I don't want to get overconfident yet, though- it's too early to jynx myself.

So what's left: UCSD, UCLA, UCB, Kenyon, Oberlin, Vassar, Skidmore, Wesleyan, Yale.

I think most of them will come smack dab on April 1st. Happy April Fools Day indeed.

No comments: